Monday 14 May 2012

I trained to be a nurse once.....

I sense I am being strung along a little now.

I'm not returning to my placement as it just plunges me into anxiety and depression. I think my university are trying to drag out my 're-placing process' as a way to eventually force me to 'go back to placement or defer for a year'. Both options will end up in my quitting. Numerous clinical staff have confirmed that the AMU is a very stressful environment for students. I am quite curious to know why 2 previous students have also quit the placement in the past.

I'm just getting a bit low and fed up of this now and have started looking at other jobs, mainly as a trainee graphic designer.

:-(

I would have liked to have had the chance to be a health visitor, but the only way is to qualify as a nurse. It's not fair that my university are so unprepared that they can't even facilitate a swap in a situation such as mine.

I've managed to stay upbeat for the sake of my family and friends and general well-being but this is really starting to take its toll.

All I seem to be getting is 'do as we say or fuck off'.

How very compassionate. I would have thought that as nurses these people would have a little more empathy for my situation.

Nursing eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment